Monday, August 10, 2009

Walking Baby and A Birthday



So this one walked for the first time two days ago and has kept it up . My neighbor's comment was, "How in the world does he support that all that weight." We like em' chubby in this house!



Renata's 6th birthday is coming up and we decided to do a tea party. She is really excited and drew her own invitations. Aren't they great! She is going to color them and hopefully be able write all the info on them.

I am also making this birthday banner (it will be one long banner) for her birthday and future ones for the family. I am trying to think in terms of less disposable stuff and very lovely things we can keep for a long time. Things my kids will have affection for later. This of course is trendy right now but it is so nice to have handmade lovely things. It helps that I love to make things. I got the idea to do this from Soule Mama's post. Her new book is out and I was so hoping I'd be the lucky one out of 5000 or so to win it but alas it was not my fate. She is sharing a lot of it on her blog which is generous.

3 comments:

MLS said...

I love Renata's art work!! She is a natural =)

kendra said...

that banner is AWESOME! If I ever have free time again, maybe I will try that... such a great idea!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Renata!!!
Flor (floreshayes@gmail.com)
hkpanda.freetzi.com