Thursday, November 11, 2010

My New Hobby




While my cousin Bonni was here she did something dreadful....she got me into a new hobby. I have too many hobbies and she got me addicted to a new one. Bad Bonni! She has started making jewelry and taught me how to while she was here. She also made me some lovely earrings I have been wearing constantly.

Here are some of the necklaces I have made so far.I am working on matching earrings.

I have another 2 strand one that I think is going to be really awesome. I loosely based it on this necklace I saw on Anthropologie's site. I have to buy more beads for it though. I love the knots in that one but I am using beads and different colors. I just got the idea of how they used color and size.

I have been making things like crazy especially since Christmas is coming up. Unfortunately I can't show them because I don't want the recipients to see their presents. You'll just get to see the 101 necklaces I make for myself. One fun thing is Renata also got into the beading and is making necklaces. I taught her to do a pattern and stick to certain color schemes. It is a fun thing for us to do together.

4 comments:

Bonni said...

Yes! I have influenced another! I really think it is a great craft for you and Renata to share and it makes for great gifts! What girl doesn't want more jewelry?! So happy to hear that Renata is enjoying it. I can tell she really likes being girlie! Miss you bunches. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Love,
Bonni

Bonni said...

Yes! I have influenced another! I really think it is a great craft for you and Renata to share and it makes for great gifts! What girl doesn't want more jewelry?! So happy to hear that Renata is enjoying it. I can tell she really likes being girlie! Miss you bunches. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Love,
Bonni

Bonni said...

Opps, guess I double posted somehow. Meant to comment that I love the necklaces you have made! Let me know if you find any good discount websites.

Jennifer said...

Cool! Can't wait to see your two-strand one - it's right up my alley (hint, hint...).

There's a great bead store here at Millhopper, it might be fun for us to go and browse when you're down.