Sunday, January 20, 2008

Soup

So this morning I woke up to see a huge pot of soup and a bit of a mess in my kitchen. Joffre decided to make our Sabbath lunch a midnight last night. I look in the pot an got an inkling of the ingredients and turned my nose up at it. Joffre likes to use a lot of ingredients. For instance, just by looking and sniffing the pots contents I came up with this list: curry, noodles, tomatoes, cucumbers, ricotta cheese, collard greens, fish, cream, and mexican peppers. That is probably not the full list.

So when my husband got up and said "you don't have to make lunch. I did." I wasn't what a wife should be...sweet and happy for having a thoughtful husband. I wrinkled my nose at the soup and grimaced. Joffre was defensive and we came to a standstill, went to church and came home.

Well we ended up having sandwiches for lunch (Joffre's suggestion) and soup for dinner. So Joffre is still napping and the kids and I just finished bowls of the soup and you know what.......yep, you guessed it. It's really good soup.I'll just go finish my humble pie.

3 comments:

Joffre The Giant said...

There was no ricotta cheese, sweet baby, just cream. I used the ricotta for those almond noodles I made last week for the kids.

aly said...

I kind of think the point of soup is to use up the stuff that is going bad in the fridge. It can be hit or miss at our house. I bet you didn't know I read your blog.

Kimberly said...

I bet you didn't know I read yours! Ha.