Friday, September 21, 2007

Drawings


This is not a mural. I had a few people think this was part of the mural because of how it was placed on the blog. These are two drawings. The top one is oil pastel on brown craft paper ( a favorite combination of mine.) And the bottom is acrylic on watercolor paper. Man, I am having a hard time adjusting back to acrylic after oil painting. I hate it. I used to love it. I didn't realize how long it had been. The dragon and knight picture is a work up for the mural. The dragon is killin' me. I'm not so hot at the fantasy stuff. I still need to work on it but I 'm taking a rest from it because it is annoying me. One of my professors in college used to liken a painting to raising a child and one of the phases is the teenage agnst stage. Well the dragon picture is a 15 year old right now. The flying ship is one I really like and I think I'm finished. Next is another ship in water. These are ones I plan on reproducing and selling.

I 'm not able to work on the mural because we are working so hard on other priorities right now. I'll be working on it while the bookstore is open. Joffre and I have been working our buns off today because we are trying to open by Monday.

When it is all set up the pictures will come.

No comments: