Thursday, October 27, 2011

2 Books I'm Loving

 I have been reading these two books and loving them so very much. The first is Peril and Peace. This is a children's book series that teaches about the people in church history. This is the first book in the series and starts with Paul. I am very excited about this because I think church history is way too neglected among Christians. You can learn so much about where ideas came from and how long they have been around and why. It is especially great to know heresies and see where they came from and how they are recycled through the ages. I am not sure this series examines the heresies but it is a great beginner church history series.

The second is a great gardening book about being creative and keeping the costs down. My favorite part about it is the balance she has about spending money. She tells you it is worth it to spend the money on a 15gallon tree because it has been researched to grow larger over the long haul but then she tells you what things are not worth spending the money on. For every purchase she gives 4 options of spending according to what you can afford and includes pros and cons for everything. There are lots of creative ideas and a surprising amount of pictures. I like books with pictures.


No comments: