Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day= Paint Day



Joffre only had to go to work on one of the snow days this week. So I got some time to paint. The same thing happen last year and I was a very happy camper.

I finally tackled finishing my Flamenco dancer painting. I am very close to being finished except for her hand. I have been wrestling with it for ages.I think it is a value problem (darks and lights). It looks fine if I take it away from the rest of the painting but can't get it work with the rest of  it . I keep making it too light. The worst part is that I finished it (the hand) and really liked how it worked and then I realized I had made 5 fingers instead of the four that were showing ( her thumb is folded behind the hand unseen) and almost cried as I wiped the paint off and started over. Alas. I am going to try to finish it and my raccoon piece I keep putting off too.

  I actually have probably only worked on this painting 4-5 times for a total of 15 hrs or so but it has taken me 8 months ....maybe a year to finish it. It is just so hard for me to get uninterrupted time longer than an hour.

No comments: