Wednesday, November 26, 2008

St. Jude's Modern British



I was checking out one of my favorite blogs called yarnstorm and the author, Jane Brocket, was asked to compile her top 10 most beautiful blogs. They are very interesting to check out. I recommend it. My favorite was this blog from the St Jude's Modern British gallery. Here are some of the works from it. My favorite is Rob Ryan's papercut work (above image). He does these from cutting paper and then some are displayed in their original form or made into silk screen prints. Most use words as part of the design.

I also liked Robert Tavener's work like this one, "Horseguards Friary Court".

and John Bryce's woodcuts of London.

1 comment:

fosterheartsathome said...

ohh...a feast for the eyes! I long to sit down and work with textured paper and do so collaging...is that a word? :)