Monday, November 26, 2012

Postpartum Necessities

So I am 29 weeks and starting to think about labor a bit more. As I was thinking about the baby coming I decided to write a list of things I should get before he shows up on the scene. "Things for the baby?",you might ask. Nope. Things for moi. So here is my list so far:

1. Pinot Grigio- this might seems like a given but right after the birth I especially like to enjoy a glass. Last time I had to drink it from a sippy cup because I was too exhausted to sit up.

2. Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner- I am usually all frugal about bathroom cleaner. I put in a little Bon Ami or Comet and scrub away, but after and right before birth I love using this cleaner. It is so hard to bend over the stupid bathtub and it is so fast and easy.

3. Pomegranate Mango bubble bath. I just like how it smells.

4. York Peppermint patties- You have to eat them straight out of the freezer. So good.

5. P.G. Wodehouse novels- While I am nursing I get bored and love to try to do a little reading. Usually my brain is so sleep deprived I keep it pretty light and Wodehouse helps me stay cheerful.

6. Iceberg Lettuce- we never buy it to eat but when you are engorged it feels great to shove a cold leaf in your bra.

That's what I've got so far. I am sure the list will grow.

1 comment:

fosterheartsathome said...

Chick-fil-a is also on the list, right?