Thursday, March 15, 2012

Garden Update

 We just got more compost for the garden and I am hopping to plant more. I have planted cold weather veggies ( lettuce, broccoli, asparagus, onions...) but I am ready to keep going.

 These are my tiny asparagus plants just sprouting their ferns and some garlic and a huge rhubarb.
 Lots of onions.
 See our pretty peach tree. We drove by a big peach orchard yesterday and it was beautiful with all the blooms.
 Broccoli and lettuce from the winter.
 Kohl rabi. Does anyone know how to cook one? spinach and lettuce.
 My twig bed with raspberries and strawberries.
 The girls laying us 3 eggs a day now. Yea!!

 My new hedge plants.
 Flower bed
Lots of lettuce seedlings.

2 comments:

Margaret Meandering said...

It looks delightful! May all your efforts be blessed!

.tif said...

It looks like it might soon be time to change the name of your blog from "A Modest Garden" to "An Impressive Garden." So jealous of all your space! One day, we'll have our own yard. :)